Saturday, June 30, 2012

Plaster and Wax

I've been posting my encaustic scribble paintings on paper, but I thought I'd give you a taste of what we'll be doing in Plaster and Wax, a workshop I will be teaching at Art Unraveled in Phoenix on August 6, and again at Art and Soul in Portland on October 2. 

I will post another installment of this demonstration, including application of encaustic medium and then drawing on the encaustic surface.  Stay tuned.


Encaustic on painted plaster texture

Encaustic on painted plaster texture, with crayon and ink drawing


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful results... is there no end to your creativity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote you a few weeks ago with some questions about your classes in October at Art & Soul to which you kindly responded. Just wanted to let you know, I did sign up for 2 of them and I'm so excited to go. I've never taken an art class or attempted to be creative in front of anyone, so while it's a little intimidating, it's a LOT exciting. Can't wait to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane. I now have a new, fabulous inspiration for my art! Julie Fei-Fan Balzer was my first muse, and I know she's taking your workshop soon. You could have been my first muse, but I discovered Julie before you. I guess you're both equals in my book. And I love your blog. It's chock full of great ideas. Do any men come to your workshops? I ask this because going to your workshop next year would be a great get-away for me and my husband. I could do art and he could do whatever he wants to do during the day. And, of course, he and I could have breakfast and dinner together. Thanks. --Deb Pierro (Bensalem, PA)

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!