Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gloria

Tonight in our Collage Journeys workshop we will start a project making collage on foam core. The fun part of this is that you can cut openings in the top layer of foam core, creating little niches, and place little three-dimensional things in them. The piece in this post is called "Talking with Gloria", Gloria being the gal in the striped sweater. I made the background using old maps of LaHave, Nova Scotia, where Gloria lives, and a letter from her. In the little niche, I placed pieces of sea glass from the beach in LaHave. It has been WAY too long since I visited Gloria! This collage makes me miss her like crazy. Check out her paintings on her web site (click "Gloria" above.)

1 comment:

  1. Please know that there is someone out here who is reading your blog and really appreciating your entries.

    Margaret J
    Nahant, MA & Meteghan, NS

    (gave me a great idea for a Nova Scotia collage!)

    ReplyDelete

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!