Thursday, January 29, 2009

Scribble Collage




In my Collage Journeys workshop tonight we are doing one of my favorite projects: Scribble Collage. The idea is to make a collage or series of collages entirely from your own artwork, scribbles, etc. Anything you've created by hand is fair game, even grocery lists, journal pages, or doodles you've made while on the phone. I like to use this project as an opportunity to use drawing and painting materials that I don't use very often - pastels, charcoal, pencil. One way to start this process is to create ten to twelve quick drawings on cheap paper, not spending more than a few minutes on each one. The above images are my results. Then you tear up the drawings and make collages. See my book "Collage Journeys" for more suggestions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had some spam comments lately, advertising of stupid stuff. So I am moderating comments until I can figure out a better way to prevent spam. THANKS!